Ways to donate
You can donate directly through the Canada Helps Organization here
If you or someone you know has been impacted by crime, giving a tax-deductible gift to Crime Stoppers is one way you can help. This can be done with a one-time donation or on a monthly basis.
Donate A Car Canada accepts Vehicle Donations for Calgary Crime Stoppers Association. We provide free towing in many areas across Canada, or you can drop off your vehicle to maximize your donation. When you Donate your RV, boat, motorcycle or other vehicle to Calgary Crime Stoppers Association through Donate A Car Canada, it will either be recycled or sold at auction depending on its condition, age and location. Donate A Car Canada will look after all the details to make it easy for your Charity to benefit. After your Vehicle Donation is complete, Calgary Crime Stoppers Association will send you a tax receipt within 45 days!
– Making a bequest in your will can help you leave an impact on the issues you care about, and your estate receives a tax receipt to help offset outstanding tax payable.
– Giving the gift of securities is particularly advantageous thanks to new legislation. You will receive a tax receipt for the full value of the appreciated securities but will pay no tax on the growth of the securities. The tax receipt can be used to shelter other income by reducing the tax payable on capital gains. A gift of securities is also an effective way to dispose of publicly traded securities that have depreciated.
– You can also decide to make Calgary Crime Stoppers the beneficiary of an RRSP or RRIF and offset tax at the same time. Simply indicate Calgary Crime Stoppers Association as the recipient on your financial institution’s beneficiary designation form. We will provide you with a tax receipt in the year of disbursement.
– Giving gifts of Life Insurance can make a big impact. You can donate a fully paid policy, by naming Calgary Crime Stoppers as the irrevocable owner and beneficiary. You will receive a tax receipt equal to the policy’s cash surrender less any outstanding policy loans. You can also gift an existing policy that you are still paying the premiums for and you will receive a tax receipt for the premiums you pay each year.
– If you wish to combine your gift with an investment, an Annuity is an excellent choice. This option results in a gift and can often provide stable, higher after-tax income to the donor. As a donor, you will earn a charitable donation tax credit if the amount of the lump sum gift is greater than the market price of the annuity. Depending on circumstances, an annuity combined with life insurance may be an option.
Talk to your financial advisor to decide what is best for you.